There’s so much to think about when planning your wedding that it can be overwhelming and stressful at times.
But it doesn’t need to be, and as a wedding supplier I promise to be here to help and guide you however you need. Here are my top tips to help you start planning your wedding cake…
1. Make a list of all the questions you have or things that are stressing you out about your wedding cake. You can share this with your wedding cake maker who will be happy to help and alleviate your worries. Please remember that no question is “silly” and chances are you won’t be the first, or the last, person to ask.
2. Budget. Do some research; most experienced wedding cake makers will have a price guide available for you. My starting prices are on my website and I am happy to talk to you to give a guide price for your style too. All of my cakes are bespoke to each couple and prices are affected by size, design, flower choices, delivery distance and time required for set up, so please do bear this in mind.
For a cake to serve 80-100 portions I would recommend budgeting a minimum of £400-£500.
3. Book early – you don’t have to know exactly what you want to be able to book your wedding cake. You may have a theme, colour, or style in mind, maybe even some inspiration pictures, and as a cake designer that’s all I need to design something fitting for you and your day. But even if you don’t have these right now that’s fine, you can secure your date with a booking fee and then relax knowing you’re booked in and your design consultation will help to finalise everything. Dates can book up to two years in advance so it is important to make enquiries as soon as you have a confirmed wedding date, and if you have your mind set on a particular supplier, make sure you book before it’s too late.
4. Save inspiration images. Whether this is a Pinterest board that you can share with your cake maker, or saving images that you can email – these all give us a sense of what excites you and what you like. It doesn’t have to be of a cake, although that helps – I use your stationary, dress style, decor choices all as inspiration as it tells me about you and your style, allowing me to design something unique to you and fitting all elements of your wedding.
5. Remember it is YOUR wedding. Think about what you WANT, not what you think or are being told you should have. Suppliers, friends, and family, will offer advice and opinions, but if something doesn’t feel right to you make sure you listen to yourself too.
Get in Touch
If you are looking for a wedding cake designer in the Lincolnshire and Newark area, I would love to hear from you. Send me a message using the form below and I’d be happy to discuss your dream wedding cake with you.